Research projects are described below. The second half of the page contains a listing of student research proposals.
This is a list of current and past projects along with proposals for current and future work.
Details of the newer Ferron work are available to consortium members:
- Facies architecture and sequence stratigraphy of wide valley systems, Cretaceous Notom Delta complex, Ferron Sandstone, Utah.
- Facies architecture of storm-flood dominated, hyperpycnal delta-fronts and prodelta deposits in lowstand versus transgressive systems tracts, Cretaceous Notom Delta complex, Ferron Sandstone, Utah.
- Chemo-stratigraphy of asymmetric deltas and associated shelf mudstone deposits, Cretaceous Notom Delta complex, Ferron Sandstone, Utah.
- Non-marine sequence stratigraphy of the Ferron Notom delta.
- Seismic expression and reservoir modeling of the Ferron Notom Delta.
- Correlation uncertainty in paralic and non-marine systems using sparse data sets.
Morrison Sandstone, Utah
- Facies architecture of course-grained meander-belts, Morrison Formation, Utah, a search for counter-point bars.
Gulf of Mexico
- Facies architecture, structural style and fault properties of non-salt related synsedimentary growth faults in deltas.
- Seismic geomorphology of shelf margin deltas and shelf-slope mass transport complexes in GOM mini-basins.
- Tectono-stratigraphic evolution of clastic wedges and the link to terrane accretion (uses detrital zircons to elucidate tectonic control on major paleogeographic changes).
- Unit braid bars in a meander loop, Red River, Oklahoma/Texas.
- Sedimentology and facies architecture of the asymmetric, wave-influenced Modern Brazos Delta.
The following proposals are available to view in full to consortium members only.
- 3D Mapping, Facies Heterogeneity, Internal Organization and Reservoir Characterization of Incised Valley Systems, Ferron Notom Delta, Utah
- Heterogeneity, paleohydrology, and 3D facies architecture of ancient point bars, Ferron Sandstone, Notom Delta, South-Central Utah
- 3-D Paleochannel reconstruction and paleocurrent fields of Cretaceous Ferron Meanderbelts, Henry Mountains Region, Utah (U.S.A.)
- 3D Mapping of Vertical and Lateral Facies Heterogeneity of a Tributive Incised Valley System, Turonian Ferron Sandstone, Notom Delta, South-Central Utah
- Facies Architecture and Comparative Study of 2 Fluvial Systems in Sequence 1, Ferron Notom Delta, Utah
- Facies Architecture and Controls of a Fluvial System, Ferron Notom Delta, Utah, USA
- Paleosol Evolution in a Fluvial
Famubode, O. A.
- Possible Counter Point Bars in a
Coarse-Grained Meandering Fluvial System in the Jurassic Morrison Formation, South-Central Utah
- 3D Characterization of Wave-Influenced
Deltaic Reservoir Outcrop Analogs: an Example from Ferron Notom Delta, Utah, USA
- 3D Geometry and Facies Architecture
of Fluvial-dominated Mouth-bar Deposits, Ferron Notom Delta, Utah, USA
- Intra-deltaic Faulting: Determining
how Strain is Distributed Across a Salt Minibasin, Northern Gulf of Mexico
- Shoreface-Delta Front Transition in an
Asymmetric, Wave-Influenced Delta, Cretaceous Ferron Notom Delta, Utah
- Sequence Stratigraphy of the
Pliocene-Pleistocene strata and shelf-margin delta of the eastern Niger Delta,
Oluwaseyi A. Fatoke
- Growth-Faulted Delta or Mass
Transport Complex: Seismic Expression Evidence
- The Detailed Relationship Between
Paleocurrents And Lateral Variations Of Depositional Facies Of A Wave-Influenced Delta Within The Gallup Sandstone
Near Shiprock, New Mexico
- 3-D Facies Architecture of a Storm-,
Flood-Dominated Deltaic System in the Cretaceous Ferron Notom Delta
- Facies architecture and clay distribution of
asymmetric, wave-influenced deltas, Modern Brazos Delta, Texas Gulf
- Sequence Stratigraphy and Facies
Architecture of the Cretaceous Ferron Notom Delta Complex, Central Utah,
- Incised Valley Systems
and Regional Sequence Stratigraphy of the Notom Delta, Henry Mountains Region,